While we had sincerely hoped that the Katy Trail could remain open throughout construction of the new mile of soft-surface, we are unable to safely conduct the next phase of construction without a Trail shut down from Fitzhugh Avenue to Cambrick Street. We apologize for the inconvenience; we know it's a big one.
Beginning, Monday, June 15th, please use the recommended detour below.
If you are coming from the north, going southbound:
- Exit at Knox and proceed east to Travis Street.
- Walk south on Travis until you get to Fitzhugh.
- Please cross at the light/crosswalk and proceed down Travis.
- Take a right on Cambrick Street to re-enter the Trail.
- Please note you can only go southbound on the Trail at Cambrick.
If you are coming from the south, going northbound:
- Exit at Cambrick Street.
- Proceed to Travis Street and take a left on Travis.
- You can then take Travis Street all the way back to Knox, take a left and enter the Trail at Knox.
Construction in this area is expected to take eight weeks. If the weather stays on our side, we should be able to have the Katy Trail back open sooner. Thank you for being patient with us. We know this is a disruption for all of our trail users, but we know you all are going to love all the new improvements we are accomplishing this year.